Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who can help me on the bad window motor/battery?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Default who can help me on the bad window motor/battery?

Hello, everyone:[/align][/align]Yesterday, the left frontwindow motor was not working. I am sure that the battery is bad, as I have a 98 year Jetta, old edition. After 10 years, it makes sense for the bad battery, with the following story about it [/align][/align]when I was driving yesterday, all of sudden, the glass of the left front window could not drop down, though I pressed the button, and then, after a few seconds, it dropped down eventually by itself, but the window didn't work since then,and I noticed the fume out of the window slop, and I also heard the noise from indide ofthe window, then I stopped and uninstalled the left front door, to expose the inside of the window regulator, while the noise was continuing even though I shut dow the car. I unpluged the wire connected to the motor, then the noise stopped immediately. When I touched the battery, it was hot like a fire. I tried to connect the wire and start the car, to press the button, but the window motor never responded again. [/align][/align]As you can see, the part number on the battery shows:" BRM 1HO 959 801 A".[/align][/align]I wanted to fix it asap, as I alreadydischarged the glass, which can not be pulled up anymore without the good motor.[/align][/align]I searched online, but found that the window motor is very expensive, $393! [/align][/align]I am sure that the battery is bad, so do not want to change the whole window motor, but want to replace the bad battery with a new one.[/align][/align]Do you have a clue how to find the good battery? or any other solutions, like, to find a cheap motor?[/align][/align]Thank you so much![/align][/align]Attached are the pictures of the bad motor, and my car[/align][/align]Thank you so much![/align]Tony[/align]y8u8.xiang@gmail.com [/align]

Old 06-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Default RE: who can help me on the bad window motor/battery?

Advanceautoparts.comonline.... punch in your vehicle info and they do the rest... Motor is about$ 144.00 and the regulator is $ 96.50..... make sure you figure out what went wrong before you just replace a motor and you need the regulator as well....Better price than what you have been quoted.... If your near St Joe, Mo.... I do these all the time..... Good luck ...... BC