Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Default What is the problem

I have a 93 jetta 2.0 and the other day i was leaving a friends home and my right front wheel turned in and locked up on me so. He said it was the struts or the shocks so what do yall think and what can i do to fix it and how much will it cost.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Default RE: What is the problem

could be your drive axel or drive shaft same thing. when taking corners does it clunk is it drivable at all.If you work on it yourself you ned to remove the strut and nuckel as a unit.change the ball joint tie rod end and drive axel in Canadian $ about 180.00 take the unit to a shop for a new strut trust me on that one.check the weel bearing to it needs to be pressed in and out oh ya the strut bearing should be done as well.big buks alot of time good luck

Old 02-13-2007, 03:25 AM

My brother had also the same problem, He replaced his volkewagen ball joint with a new one... He mentioned that he purchased it on line... He didn't mentioned the cost and what site... I'l see him this weekend and ask him about it..

Old 02-14-2007, 01:23 AM

if it is a drive axel it will not hold park, or move when it is in park, but other than i really dont know but if it holds park, it is not the axel