Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wax/anti rust coating/health issues?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Default Wax/anti rust coating/health issues?

Good Evening members, I have a 2005 Jetta and have had it about 6 months. So this is all new to me.

I live where it is hot and just recently experienced the over whelming smell that is emitted from the anti rust/wax coating. (Now I know what that stuff is under my door frames.)

I didn't know what it was at first. I thought it smelled more like oil.
It got so bad that even driving with all my windows down did not help.

My main concern and question is if anyone knows the health hazards from breathing these fumes.
I can't believe that there would be none as this has made me very sick and every breath I take (Even when in house and elsewhere) I can smell it still. It is in my lungs! It made my throat raw and subsequently hoarse. And it gives me migraines, of which I never get.

This is a chemical so I'm thinking it can't be good to breathe?

Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you so much!

Old 09-10-2011, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Betterdaze
Good Evening members, I have a 2005 Jetta and have had it about 6 months. So this is all new to me.

I live where it is hot and just recently experienced the over whelming smell that is emitted from the anti rust/wax coating. (Now I know what that stuff is under my door frames.)

I didn't know what it was at first. I thought it smelled more like oil.
It got so bad that even driving with all my windows down did not help.

My main concern and question is if anyone knows the health hazards from breathing these fumes.
I can't believe that there would be none as this has made me very sick and every breath I take (Even when in house and elsewhere) I can smell it still. It is in my lungs! It made my throat raw and subsequently hoarse. And it gives me migraines, of which I never get.

This is a chemical so I'm thinking it can't be good to breathe?

Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you so much!
with an 05 the chemicals in the undercoating and the wax/anti-rust should be dry and shouldnt be emitting any odors. id have to guess its either something that was sprayed on to the car just before you bought it and its burning off or somethings actually burning/melting and your getting the fumes. how long ago did you buy it?