Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VW timing belts suck!!! Class Action suit may be pending with your help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Default VW timing belts suck!!! Class Action suit may be pending with your help!!!

I'm new to this forum, but wanted input from anyone/everyone on the timing belts. My wife's 2003 Jetta 1.8T and her friend at work and one of my friends at work have all experienced timing belt breaks...and subsequent severe engine damage. VW corporate has refused to help because it's out of the 60K warranty. The service guide says to replace them at 105K.

I'd like to know if anyone else had issues with these belts on cars that had between 60-105K. If so, please let me know. I've contacted a lawyer and am planning a class action lawsuit against VW - because this should not happen. When the belt breaks, it trashes the engine. Timing belts should never break, much less at 100K miles or earlier.

Please let me know so we can get this fixed and wake the folks at VW up. I for one will never purchase a VW and am going to tell everyone I know to stay away from these junk cars!!!!!

Chris Ingle
wtknght1@aol.com

Old 12-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Default RE: VW timing belts suck!!! Class Action suit may be pending with your help!!!

For one I do not feel it is fair to say that these cars ( as in plural are junk ) maybe just yours. I love my Volkswagen and tell everyone i know to purchase one as well, and a few did...... and they LOVE them. Second off, you probably got a lemon, you have that with every car make and model. For example, Chevrolet blazers are known to get bad leaky intake manifold gaskets in the back of the engine.... what do you know, i had a bad one on mine. Another example: BMW and their famous " when you buy a used BMW change the water pump" ....I love foreign cars, and i would never buy another american made car except old classics such as my 1964 impala.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Default RE: VW timing belts suck!!! Class Action suit may be pending with your help!!!

The hell with that! I love my volkswagen and i plan on getting another one in the near future. It doesnt get much beter than German eniginering. look at where your precious american made cars companys are, shutting down for a few months and billions in debt! and trust me your not gonna make a difference in telling everyone you know not to buy one. I have convinced at least 4 people i know to buy one and no regrets.Jettas are not junk cars, the 1.8t has won best engine two years in a row!how do you explain that? i mean there gonna have problems every car does. Good luck on your lawsuit, one person against VW!

Old 12-19-2008, 10:59 PM

Well said oppcha..... I'm 100% agreed with you. I wish i had the 1.8t like you do though haha .... damn VR6 and their coil packs/timing chain guides .....

Old 12-19-2008, 11:18 PM

Yeah i like the 1.8T plenty of power, i sure like your VR6 though. It looks very sharp. I wish i could upload a picture of mine to many pixels

Old 12-19-2008, 11:43 PM

Email me a pic of your car .... Dozanti@gmail.com

Old 12-19-2008, 11:50 PM

and more words of wisdom ! its simple like he said, maintance it and you have no worries, it will rot to the ground before it stops running ....

Old 12-20-2008, 12:22 AM

Alright i did, it was takin this summer so its changed a bit like the chrome trim, that was just an expiriment so i took it off and put some smaller trim, i also tinted the windows draker and got a spoiler