Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Default transmission

my wife's 2002 1.8t has the tiptronic tranny inside and it's starting to act up. it won't run through all the gears like you would want it too. in manual mode it chooses to respond on it'sown free will from time to time. anda few times now, once in manual mode, it won't let you switch back to auto mode(so now we just leave it in auto mode). anybody else have any issues, and if so, what were the costs to resolve it?

Old 03-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Default RE: transmission

how many miles are on the car? maybe your tranny fluid is low also check to see for any metals in the fluid... i know there is no dip stick u have to take it into the dealership to get it done because the car has to be btw 35-45C to start filling it and the fill is under the car it takes a special tool to fill the tranny...

Old 03-09-2007, 03:24 AM
Default RE: transmission

I had a similar problem except my ride is just stick. It can be one of the following, flywheel might be fk up, or tranny. Does th rpm go up and down when you speed up ? If so it's your flywheel get ready if your not under warranty or it might be too late and the dealer would imply that you messed it up just like "i did" (bull****) cost , Flywheel,Tranny and Clutch Kit $1,816 total. Take it to the dealer good luck