Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sick Jetta

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Default sick Jetta

I have a 2002 Jetta 1.8 Turbo Automatic gas engine.
Just recently my automatic locks, sunroof and windows will stop working? I notice this at night or in the morning, which sounds odd I know... also, when I open any of the 4 doors the interior lights will blink on and off. again, only in the morning or at night. When this happens I hear a clicking in the top of the dashboard on the left side. could this be a relay perhaps? if so, is that something that diffacult to replace?
On top of this my check engine light has been on for a few months now, it's reading the cad... I replaced both O2 sensors and Mass air flow and still getting the same signal.. I've started to notice a major loss of power and the gas mileage is aweful. I'm assuming that I need to just go ahead and replace the cad? last night was the 1st time that when excelerating from an idle the car acts as though it's going to cut off sounds like it's choking out and can't get enough air? could this be the cad or something else? any help is appreciated!
Thanks.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Name:  VWwelcome.gif
Views: 29
Size:  951 Bytes

It sounds like you have electrical problems that need diagnosing and sorting. It could be a relay clicking but for why or what is switching it on/off? It sounds like bad connections or earth.

Relays are easy enough to change for the correct one.

Can I ask you to https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/ne...gnature-34185/?