Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reposition steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 04:32 AM
Default reposition steering wheel

I just picked up a 97 jetta gls last week w/ 143k miles on her. seems to be in good condition but the first thing i noticed was the postion of the steering wheel is 180 degrees out, (upside down) the guy told me they did it when they changed out the transmission. Is this possible or is this BS, and how do i return the wheel to correct position without setting off the airbag? any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. thanks in advance ED.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:45 AM
Default RE: reposition steering wheel

No offense but did you think to ask why it was "upside down"before you drove away with the car? You should take it back to whoever did it and make them fix it. If they say there not going to then consult a lawyer b/c if there the ones that put the steering wheel that way then there the ones liable to fix it...

Old 03-30-2007, 03:00 AM
Default RE: reposition steering wheel

none taken, i have in the past bought several used cars from private sellers that done their own mechanic work and prided themselves to be better mechanics than they really were. as this is my first jetta and the man told he he replaced the transmission himself i could not see personally why he had to pull the steering wheel but i guess he had to do it the hard way. any how the car drive great, trans checks ok. and i figured out hw to index the wheel with out blowing my head off with the air bag so all is well