Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replace stereo in 2002 Jetta GLS (pocket needed)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:00 AM
Default replace stereo in 2002 Jetta GLS (pocket needed)

Greetings,

I have a 2002 Jetta GLS and the radio/cd/cassette do not work at all. I went to Best Buy to replace my stereo and was told that I need to buy a "pocket" from the dealership. Since I would pay more at a dealership, and they are open when I am working, I did an online search for VW pockets, but am not sure if that is what I need or not. Here is a picture (from CarDomain.com):

CarDomainStore

Is that what I would need to purchase? Is there anything else I need? Best Buy has adapters for the VWs, but I would prefer not to be turned down again, as I am suffering without my music.

I appreciate any help that anyone can provide and if you are unable to help, I appreciate you reading this to try.

-Anna

Old 09-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Default RE: replace stereo in 2002 Jetta GLS (pocket needed)

If anyone cares, the answer is yes.
ORIGINAL: Anna

Greetings,

I have a 2002 Jetta GLS and the radio/cd/cassette do not work at all. I went to Best Buy to replace my stereo and was told that I need to buy a "pocket" from the dealership. Since I would pay more at a dealership, and they are open when I am working, I did an online search for VW pockets, but am not sure if that is what I need or not. Here is a picture (from CarDomain.com):

CarDomainStore

Is that what I would need to purchase? Is there anything else I need? Best Buy has adapters for the VWs, but I would prefer not to be turned down again, as I am suffering without my music.

I appreciate any help that anyone can provide and if you are unable to help, I appreciate you reading this to try.

-Anna