Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Default Reliability?

I've got my eyes on a 2006 Jetta Gli. My only reservation about getting one is this big question about their reliability. I love everything about Jettas...they're stylish, sporty, and a lot of fun to drive. But I've just read so many horror stories about all sorts of electrical problems, leaking window seals, ***** falling off, plastic parts, and just poor construction in general. Also, JD Power and Assosciates has the Jetta ranked pretty low on construction quality and dependability. On the other hand there are a lot of people who think their jetta is the greatest car on the planet and have had none of these problems at all.

I understand some people on this forum might be a little biased, but my question is are Jettas in general a pretty reliable vehicle or are they prone to having a lot of defects and problems? Also, are these big problems costing $1000s to fix or some small things that are easily taken care of? If there have been a lot of known issues in the past, has the 2006 model in particular addressed some of these issues and therefore would be more dependable? I know that every car has its issues...but I just can't get a straight answer on whether or not the Jetta is a known "problem" car. Thanks

- Anthony

Old 08-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Default RE: Reliability?

to be quite honest, the construction quality of a jetta in top notch, in general. Never listen to consumer reports, VW's arent asian, therefore, no love. All you have to do to make your car reliable is take meticulous care of it. Clean, change the fluids, do all of its service on time, and you'll be golden. Granted, some jettas do have some electicals bugs and such, but for the most part, its cuz people refuse to care for them. It may be a euro econo-box, but for the US, its an upscale entry-level car. The interior construction and configuration is nicer than ive seen on any other car of its price range.

So, to answer your question, no, if you take care of it like you should, you shouldnt have any problems. Of course, you will have a few, no car is perfect, but just take care of it

Old 08-06-2007, 01:16 PM

I have a 2003 jetta and can't seem to find my manual. can anyone tell me what fuse opperates the rear lights? they do not turn on with the head lights. they only illuminate w/ the brakes applied.

AJ

Old 08-06-2007, 10:13 PM

ill go look later on when i think of it. are you sure the bulbs arent bad? its a long shot, but just double check...