Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

red/pink fluid leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Default red/pink fluid leak

hey everyone,

i'm new to the forum and have a question.

there is a very small pink/red fluid leak from my 2000 1.8t jetta that i notice about 3-4 drops in my garage. about the size of two dollar coins. Does anyone know what kind of leak this could be and where i could find information about it.

thanks

Old 09-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Default RE: red/pink fluid leak

It's one of two things, transmission fluid ot brake fluid. My guess it transmission. I would run it into the shop ASAP, loss of fluid could cause serious damage.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:18 AM

Odds are due to it being pink it's more than likely transmission fluid. What ever you do DON"T drive the car until you check and add transmission fluid or your tranny can seize up and then your screwed. I haven't seen your car but check the transmission pan gasket, or plug. It might be something simple

Old 04-28-2008, 07:11 PM

or it could be leaking coolant.... theres a coolant that is sort of that cooler....

Old 04-28-2008, 07:40 PM

colant leak
water pump or head flange
is it on passenger side or middle of car?
passenger side waterpump
middle flange

Old 04-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Yea VW uses pink coolant

Old 09-10-2009, 01:12 AM

you might want to get a little dirty and save some money or at least find out the problem.

first check you fluids. coolant and transmission(if it's an automatic), these are the only things that could be red. but it never hurts to check you oil, power steering fluid and brake fluid as well.

jack up your car with a flashlight and rag and look around. use the rag to wip areas and track down the leak. either you have a faulty gasket, hose, etc..etc.. or a loose hose clamp.. etc..etc.. if it's a small leak depending on what type of fluid it is it you may be able to fix it with an additive.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:43 AM

Its got to be coolant, im new here. but, the my volkswagen uses fluid you get form the the dearler in the transmission, and its not redish or pinkish in color. its golden brown, a bit lighter then engine oil.

so id be checking the coolings ystem

Old 10-09-2009, 09:29 AM

You prob already figured it out, but for anyone else. The coolant G12 is redish/pink. It has to be bought at the dealer as well, Pep Boys and Advance wont have it. Fix the leak first cause its rather expensive to waste (about $30). Also DO NOT mix the coolant. VW doesn't say use only there coolant to scare you into spending money. I have seen other brands that are the same as the G12, a differnt brand shouldn't hurt but will be easier to find the dealers. If you mix the coolant It will most likely gel up and other kinds can damage your system.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:25 AM
Default wholesale nike shoes,adidas,Jordan shoes,jeans,watches,glasses,handbag,jacket

Dear my friend
It is our pleasure to meet you here.
we are Caiyi International Trade Co.,Ltd in Fujian of China.
our website: http://www.buywholesalea.com
We are professional and honest wholesaler of all kinds of brand sneaks and apparel.the products
our company supply are as follows:
1.jordan1-21shoes , jordan fusion
2.airmax(95/97/360/2003/TN…)shoes
3.airforce1(airforce1/bape/dunk…)shoes
4.shox(R3/R4/NZ/turbo/t13/monster…)shoes
5.puma/prada/timberland/rift/adidas shoes
6.fashion branded hoodies/jeans/caps/handbag/t-shirts and
others

And our company can supply for our customers ,as follow:
1. top quality.all our products have top quality.
2. most rational price.we will give you best price according to your ordering quatity and the place you are at.
3. safe and fast shipment. As different country you are in, we will deliver the products to you by different ways and pledge to arrive to your address 100%.and we will send the products to you within 24h after we get your payment.
4.many products in stock. We have many products in stock and kinds of size you need , also include kid’s.
5.our credit. If the products can be not delivered to your address as our reason, we will refund the money you paid.
Hope sincerely to have glad and long term business relationship with you.
If you are interested in our products and have any problem, welcome to contact us.
Please trust us , we will be your best choice !!!

email: info@<u><span style="color:#006699"><span...an></span></u>
MSN : david-wholesale@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: red/pink fluid leak