Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

racing chip?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Default racing chip?

ive been looking around at performance parts and i came across racing chips. im dont know much about them, but it says that they add around 30 hp and such. i was just wondering if anyone has ever used one or knows anything at all about them cuz they seem pretty simple and if they do what they say then id probably look into getting one

Old 06-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Default RE: racing chip?

Well, Please post the website that they are located at. I have used them before but before you buy them let me check it out to make sure they arent ripping anyone off.[8D][8D][8D]

Old 06-16-2007, 10:46 AM

[align=left]well for the most part i was just looking at them in general and wondering if they are a good upgrade. Do you have a website that you would recomend me for purchasing one and a bit of your experience with them.

thank you
[/align]

Old 06-17-2007, 11:27 PM

I think he means will you show him some of the places that you have been looking.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:19 PM

I would definitely recommend a ECU upgrade chip as long it's from a reputable company. APR, GIAC, REVO, NEUSPEED, UPSOLUTE...those are the top one for VW's. I had my car chipped with APR and its like night and day difference. More power and more torque. Best upgrade I've ever done for my Jetta

Old 06-25-2007, 09:03 PM

i was looking into racing chips let me know how urs goes
what kind of car u drive?

Old 06-26-2007, 11:33 PM

If it has anything to do with connecting to your MAF or IATS then it is a rip-off. Many of these are sold on ebay with false gain advertisement. It is usually just a resistor they want you to connect to your intake sensor to fool your ecu into making the engine run a richer curve. Ghetto-rigged if you ask me. I agree with "phatfree", take your ECU to a reputable shop.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:03 AM

i agree, if youre gonna chip your car, look into GIAC, APR, or REVO, thats your best bet. Anything else isnt really worth it IMO

Old 06-19-2008, 01:59 PM

Hey guys I'm new on here, and would like to add, I have been looking for a chip for my 2001 jetta gls. The only problem mutd8710 is that you like I have a 2.0 or as they say 2.slow. So I have also looked into getting a chip for my car, but they don't make anything for the 2.0's which sucks because it seems like a really good invested upgrade to the car. The only thing you can really do to get better performance is exhaust, pulleys, intake, and honestly that is about it, unless you want to do an engine swap or spend a couple thousand on a supercharger or turbo. The only place a found was from neuspeed I believe, and they require that you take your ECU right out of the vehicle and ship it to them where they will then adjust the programming for you and then send it back to you. Seems a little sketchy and don't know if it is worth possibly damaging your ECU or losing it altogether in the mail or something. So if anyone else knows anything please add, or let me know what you all think as well.
Hope to hear back from you all!

Old 06-19-2008, 02:08 PM

hey sorry guys I looked it up and it is from jet chips that will apparently do an ECU upgrade for you and give you some extra boost, I have never heard of them so I don't know let me know what you guys think

Quick Reply: racing chip?