Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with CD Player (2007 Jetta)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Default Problem with CD Player (2007 Jetta)

I just got a brand new 2007 Wolfsburg Edition Jetta last week. I am having problems with the cd player. My cd player plays regular audio cds, as well as MP3 cds. Some of my audio cds play, but others do not. Some of my MP3 cds play, but others do not. And, cds that have played before do not play again. I brought the car to VW to be checked, and they found nothing wrong. I was told that it could just be the fact that they are burned cds. However, i am not convinced that that is the problem. I burned some of the cds over that did not play, and they still do not play. Should i bring it back to VW, or could my cds really be the problem??

Old 08-08-2007, 01:25 AM
Default RE: Problem with CD Player (2007 Jetta)

take it back to vw, your car is still under warranty, tell them that you think the cd player is faulty, and would like to test it out in another mk5 they have there, and if your cds work in the other jettas, it must be your cd player...

Old 08-08-2007, 11:10 AM

They checked it out and said there were no faults, but i don't believe them. I'm definitely going to bring it back and check if my cds play in another jetta on the lot. Thanks.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:29 PM

good plan man.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:51 PM

So, i went back to VW and tried playing my cds in the same exact car as mine, and they did not play. Then, i tried playing them in the Passat, and they played. The guy helping me was coming up with every excuse that could cause the cds not to play in my car. Then, he said that if he replaced my cd player with the cd player in the Passat i would have to pay the difference. He even offered to buy me an ipod, instead of replacing the cd player. Finally, he decided that he would replace it with the cd player in the Passat, but i have to pay for the installation because my warranty does not cover upgrading my cd player. Should i really be responsible for the installation fee?? Aren't i entitled to a new cd player?

Old 08-09-2007, 01:23 PM

i think youre entitled to a new cd player. how mechanically sound are you? id almost just say just give me the cd player and ill have a different shop do it, then do it yourself. you can get a bentley manual and youll be set. But its your call. sounds like they are jerkin you around quite a bit. i love it when dealers do that

Old 08-11-2007, 08:06 PM

Hello, i also have a 2month old jetta wolfsburg. and having similar problems. its happen twice, where it would not recognize a burned cd.
i ended up sticking an original cd in theplayer, and it played fine. then stuck the burned cd back in and it started to play fine.
i personally dont think its the burned cds. i think for someone reason the player is not picking up the correct format(mp3 or audio cd).

Old 08-12-2007, 02:10 AM

id have to agree with you, must be some glitch in the new jetta stereos...hhhhhhmmmmm, im sure there will be a massive recall soon, both of you go in and gripe till you get it fixeds, thats the only things will change

Old 08-12-2007, 11:53 PM

The cd player is definitely the problem. Don't let VW tell you otherwise. They tried their hardest to convince me that my cds were the problem. I have audio cds and MP3 cds that do not work in my car. Thankfully, i'm getting a new radio. I suggest you fix the problem as well.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:30 AM

yeah, in the handbook for VWOA it says to just blame the customer for whatever "unfixable" problem they may have...

Quick Reply: Problem with CD Player (2007 Jetta)