Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Jetta owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Default RE: New Jetta owner

exaust is what i would do first.

it is a nice way to get your moneys worth. you can do a cat back (catalitic converter back to the end) or you could do the whole thing (bit more $$$$) which would be headers and all.

tony

Old 05-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Jsd

Well you have to keep into consideration the possibility of a turbo. If you go that route, lose all the back pressure, one size DP back...turbo will operate at it's best like that. Perhaps even chuckin the exhaust idea, spend $600 less and get an electric cutout, perfect for turbo apps, while retaining the stock exhaust for "quiet areas" lol....need a plan before you nickel and dime yourself to death... :-)

Old 05-16-2006, 11:35 PM

yha that would not be a bad plan eather.

tony

Old 05-17-2006, 12:54 AM

The car is in process, i mean i dont have it yet, but soon(I HOPE) i will let you know when i have it so i can see what i will do first

Old 05-17-2006, 01:05 AM

ok good deal. hopfuly you will get it

tony

Old 05-17-2006, 01:23 AM

Yeah i hope i get it also, but i wont be getting that car because it was sold for 9,000 :'(....Instead i MIGHT be buying my cousin's white Jetta, 2001 also, the bad thing is that it doesnt have a spoiler, and no sunroof

Old 05-17-2006, 01:25 AM
Jsd

Bah, no spoiler? No worries, one less thing that will leak one day! $$ in your pocket.....and if you're so into the spoiler look, sure you can find aftermarket deals that will look respectful and suit the lines of the car...

Old 05-17-2006, 01:35 AM

Yeah i found a spoiler on www.wings-plus.com and its the OE look but its an aftermarket, very cool, i just hope my cousin leaves the car at a very cheap price, i mean the car is a 2001 Jetta 2.0 with 30k kilometers, and she is asking for 8,500 but im sure she can lower the price for me, is that price too expensive or is it ok?

Old 05-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Jsd

Basically...i'd do an extensive search on that car, same mileage...see what they go for, dealer cost and private ads. Also, look over the car for any hints of future repairs that will hurt the wallet, same with scratches, dents, rust, overall condition. I understand it's family but you can still negotiate :-) But best bet, see what they go for out in the market first, constantly changes. You never know, might be able to get one cheaper somewhere else or you might be gettin a deal! Personally, I'm not sure what they go for used with that mileage. By the sounds of it, 2001...30k, does sound pretty good but do a quick search :-) FYI: Any mods like stereo etc. additional goodies someone puts into a car does not increase it's value. You buy the car, not the added aftermarket values. Maybe other members have some ideas.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Tupapison...get yourself a Euro Tuner magazine. CHeck out sites like goapr.co, eurosportacc.com, try not to get things off Ebay, I don't trust my car with just anything. More money that you will spend that will make a significant jump would be, yes, a turbo, but cams and internals. I just got a lightweight flywheel and gear pulleys, I have chip, cold intake, and an exhaust and I've spent, maybe, close to $1000. I beef up the motor before I make the car look nice, like I'll get rims later when I can't do anything to the motor without tearing into it. You wanna know good places to get parts, let me know...

Quick Reply: New Jetta owner