Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Forum and VWs

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Default New to Forum and VWs

Hi all,

My name is Art Davis and I'm new to the forum and VW's but definately not to modding and suspension work. In the next few weeks I'm purchasing a 97 Jetta from a co-worker. I plan on doing some restoration work along with some descent mods. My first planed mods are basically performance brakes all around, performance suspension all around, stainless exhaust engine back and new air intake. These are all going to be installed basically within the first 6 months of owning the car, as it will probably be my daily driver for the next 5 or so years, as I want to make my Jeep into an all-out rock crawler, which will make it street illegal.

Point being, I want to ask what mods some of the forum members have done to their MkIII's and where are the best places (on-line or off) to buy performance parts for VW's? For example one of the suspension brands I've been eyeing up is eibach, definately a distinguished name, but are they any good and should I keep ride height stock or is dropping the suspension worth the work. Sometimes all hight modification does is set your alignment off and eat through tires...these are all things I've gone through before but typically when I do suspension work I'm taking the vehichle upwards not down.

Any opinions are welcomed and apprciated, thanks in advance and yes I will make a build thread.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Default RE: New to Forum and VWs

i think you ought to check out vwvortex, all your questions will be answered there. i think you are on the right track though. ecstuning, parts4vws, and 1stvwparts are all good. mjmauthaus is good as well. just kinda look around on the tex, you'll find your answers