Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help resetting airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Default Need help resetting airbag light

Hi there,
I recently had to repair a faulty turn signal stalk. While I had the airbag out and steering wheel off, I tested the turn signals by turning the key on. I guess the airbag computer detected that there was no airbag in the steering wheel and threw a light. Even though I put the airbag back in, the light is staying on. I've read up on this and people say that I need to get a VAG COM cable and software to reset the light. I got the cable but Ross-tech wants $99 to register the software. Is there anyone around the Bethel, CT area that has this software up and running on their computer that can help me out? Pretty please!!!!!
Thanks!

Old 08-03-2011, 10:31 AM

hi ,sir
where you bought your vag com cable, every cable must have a software , altogether just need 30usd , also, you can choose the product vag airbag reset, it can help you with the airbag problem .
judy , my email: car2diag03@gmail.com

Old 08-04-2011, 02:16 AM
Smile Turn off the light

Originally Posted by Soarer
Hi there,
I recently had to repair a faulty turn signal stalk. While I had the airbag out and steering wheel off, I tested the turn signals by turning the key on. I guess the airbag computer detected that there was no airbag in the steering wheel and threw a light. Even though I put the airbag back in, the light is staying on. I've read up on this and people say that I need to get a VAG COM cable and software to reset the light. I got the cable but Ross-tech wants $99 to register the software. Is there anyone around the Bethel, CT area that has this software up and running on their computer that can help me out? Pretty please!!!!!
Thanks!
Hello, your light is staying on, so you need the airbag resetting, then the light will turn off. We have VAG-COM113, but for this problem, airbag resetting will help you. Could you please tell me which models and years of your cars? We can help you!