Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My check engine light keeps coming on and off!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Red face My check engine light keeps coming on and off!!

Okay I bought my 2006 Jetta used three years ago. I love it, but recently the check engine light has been popping on and off. I took it to a VW guru who hooked up to her machines and it stated that it was the cateletic converter. So I got that fixed. Then I was ready to take it to get emissions(its due OCTOBER 27th!) and the light came back on. So I took it back to the guru, and she hooed it back up. Now she said that something is coming up about the secondary air flow system?? I asked her if she knew how much it'd cost to replace, and she said she doesn't know without running test bc it could be numurous things. Has anyone ever had this issue. I am freaking out bc I need to get emissions ans my tag by this wednesday! Please help!

Old 10-26-2010, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by meagnash
Okay I bought my 2006 Jetta used three years ago. I love it, but recently the check engine light has been popping on and off. I took it to a VW guru who hooked up to her machines and it stated that it was the cateletic converter. So I got that fixed. Then I was ready to take it to get emissions(its due OCTOBER 27th!) and the light came back on. So I took it back to the guru, and she hooed it back up. Now she said that something is coming up about the secondary air flow system?? I asked her if she knew how much it'd cost to replace, and she said she doesn't know without running test bc it could be numurous things. Has anyone ever had this issue. I am freaking out bc I need to get emissions ans my tag by this wednesday! Please help!
Since you replaced probably the most if not 2nd to most item, you can try replacing the Oxygen sensors. Also I would first try the Fuel Filter, I had the same problem and replaced it and so far so good no issues.