Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing inspection pan

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Default Missing inspection pan

I had my oil changed today, and the guy who worked on it said that I have water in my engine, and its most likely because I'm missing my inspection pan. Of coarse I take his word for it, but I'm gonna google that and see if I can fix it myself before I pay for him to do it. when I google it I can't find it, nothing remotely like it. Did he call it something else on accident? Does this sound familiar to anyone? or is he trying to sell me blinker fluid?

Old 01-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Default RE: Missing inspection pan

personally i think he is trying to sell you blinker fluid and, oh he can probably change your muffler bearings too, lol no but i have never heard of the inspection pan, and before you spend any money at all, one way you can tell if you have water in your engine is if you car always needs more water, or if your down on power, cause obviously water isnt gonna give you more power, it could be a few things if you do have water in your engine, could be a head gasket, or a pin hole in the head or the cyclinder but having a pin hole is really unlikely, but it happened on my dads lincoln, anyways never heard of an inspection pan

Old 01-25-2009, 08:27 PM

I had butter on the bottom of my oil cap, he said that replacing the cap could help, or replacing the head gasket I believe he said could also help, which is leaking. Should I go the route of the head gasket? my radiator fluid does decrease over period of I'd say 2 months when it gets to the min line. I have had a decrease in power in my car as well, but I need to change the air filter too.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 PM

the air filter wont do that much, how is it that you have butter on your oil cap, or is that a term for something i have never heard of before, you would have the best result if you replace the head gasket, it also takes more work and it reveals everything you cant see, so there might be more than what you might have bargained for if you replace it, but overall that would be the best idea

Old 01-25-2009, 10:33 PM

when I took the oil cap off, there was a yello substance on the bottom that looked like melted butter, or banana pudding. So I took my car to the oil shop "Speedy" and the guy said that I had moisture build up inside of my engine and that he could flush the engine and do an oil change while he was at it(which it needed.)

Old 01-26-2009, 07:21 PM

ok idk about all the "butter" stuff with and engine flush