Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jetta sunshade

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Default jetta sunshade

Hey guys! I just got my 2010 jetta 2.5 and one of the first things I wanted to get was a sunshade for the front windshield. I thought I'd have my choice of several quality levels of custom fit sunshades, but there are almost none! VW does not even produce one! This is a far cry from the availability of BMW aftermarket parts, which I'm used to.

So, which is the best sunshade out there? This one? http://www.autocarparts.com/part/668/1004/

What are my other options?

Also, I had the perception that there was tons of aftermarket VW stuff to be had. Was that a misconception? Am I looking for the one item for which there is no availability?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to lurking through your forums!

Old 07-25-2010, 09:10 PM

Ok, well, since there was no response I did as much due diligence as I could and ordered a Covercraft UV Sunshade from AutoAccessoriesGarage.

The shade is custom cut and fits beautifully into the windshield, unlike the "universal" type. It is sturdy, insulated, and comes with a lifetime warrantee. It cost about $50 shipped, and I believe it is well worth the money considering the difference in quality from the $20-$30 shades.