Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jetta 3 TDI

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Default Jetta 3 TDI

I am looking at buying a newer Jetta TDI, can anyone tell me about anything to watch for??
I am looking for one with an automatic, sincemy girlfriend can't learn the 5spd. Anyways, any help is apreciated.

Thanks, Justin

Old 09-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Default RE: Jetta 3 TDI

I own a 2004 Jetta Wagon TDI, the engines I have heard are the same. I checked the specs and they seem the same! I LOVE mine, the car breezes through all 5 gears very swiftly. Don't tell anyone its a Diesel aftre they get in and start it. They will be completely surprised! Great car and the New 2005 jetta is a new body style! I get between 44 to 46 mpg on the highway @ 75 mph. If you can find one, BUY it, they do not last long, especially the Automatic transmissions! The tiptronic transmission is a good one but will raise the price about $1600. You will lose about 8 mpg also! Good luck the more you wait the more it will cost you for fuel and your choice!

Old 01-08-2007, 03:06 AM
Default RE: Jetta 3 TDI

I have a 2002 Jetta TDI automatic. It is decent, giving 31mpg (47-49 mpg ifdriving on freeways over long distances). So far, I have replaced the brake lite switch thrice. Do my self oil service as well as replacing filters, etc. I am used to these because of the experience I gotowining earlier diesel rabbits and Jetta. Before you buy, Iwill advice you to visit WWW.TDIclub.com.