Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jetta 2.0 stall and no start when engine warm

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Default Jetta 2.0 stall and no start when engine warm

I have a 2000 jetta 2.0 and im chasing a gremlin. It all started with spitting and sputturing in wet weather. I checked vacuum lines and found one that was broke so i replaces it and it cured the problem. Then it started doing the same thing again also during wet weather so i changed the coil pack plugs and wires and it cured the problem once again. Then i left the engine running as i went into a store one day and it died while i was inside. When i tried to restart the car it would not start. I automatically assumed since i had just changes plugs wires and coil pack it had to be the fuel pump so i changed the pump and the filter. Now it will start and it runs strong until the engine temp comes up then it will die and will not restart until the engine cools down. I am thinking it is possibly the temp sensor ir the crank sensor but not sure. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 08-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Former Sponsor

It would be best to test the crank and temp sensor.

Have you inspected the coil pack itself or just the plug that goes to the spark plugs?

Old 09-02-2013, 04:45 PM

Just figured i would update on this. I have replaced coil, pack, plugs, wires, mass air sensor, crank sensor, temp sensor, fuel pump, and fuel filter. The stalling when the engine warms up has quit but now it losses all power while driving down the road temporarily. You can put your foot to the floor but it will not respond even after you down shift it still remains the same. Then just as suddenly as it lost power it will regain power and act like nothing is wrong. Engine light came on and showed code p0322 which would suggest crank sensor but this is new less than 2 weeks old. Any ideas?