Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Will not start!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Default RE: HELP!!! Will not start!

Yeah, I am hoping that this relay allows the Jetta to fire up. I still have not checked the plugs again, or the wires. I will have to do a check with a timing light to see if there is current now, as well as the noid light check of the injectors.

The crappy thing about the Haynes book is that they refer the reader to the VW stealership, or "qualified mechanics" due to the "difficult nature" of the work in some cases. Unfortunately, ignition timing is one of these areas. Also, the wiring diagram leaves alot to be desired. I DID, however, get a diagram of the fuseblock, and relay locations. I know the ECM relay is working, so I hope that is agood sign as well.

If this relay doesn't work, I am considering taking (read: pushing) the Jetta literally across the street to the car dealership. They do pre-owned, mostly German cars. Not too many VW's, but you get the point. I am sure they will be able to tell me what is wrong, but it'll probably cost me a good deal monetarily as well as the obvious wound to my mechanical prowess.

Ouch.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Default RE: HELP!!! Will not start!

Ok, I put the fuel pump relay in. The fuel pump is pumping now, but the car still won't start. As I mentioned, I give up. I am swallowing my pride and pushing the Jetta across the street to the car dealership. Like I said, they mostly work on Benz and Beamer, but they are no stranger to VW. I will keep you all informed folks... At least now I believe I can troubleshoot most motronic ignitions-from learning hands on the hard way.

Like I said- I'm stumped! Hope it isn't too expensive.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Default help will not start

have the same problem with my 95 jetta 2.0l no spark no fuel. i have changed coil, by passed fuel pump relay, so i know it works. still no spark. i am now waiting for a computer. i even took it to a vw dealer, they say it is bad wiring, need a new wiring harness. i have to much time and money invested to just give up now. just wondering how you made out 513

Old 03-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Default help won't start

could you post a copy of that relay location diagram? I seem to have the same problem.