Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! 2006 VW Jetta TDI Manual Slipping Out of Gear

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 11:03 AM
Default Help! 2006 VW Jetta TDI Manual Slipping Out of Gear

I have a 2006 VW Jetta TDI manual transmission that I purchased a few months ago. I had it about a month and replaced the timing chain. I got it back from that and it seemed like while I was driving, in any gear, it would slip out of gear. Slipping out of gear is the best way I would describe it. The car just wouldn't accelerate, the engine did not rev, the car did not shut off. When it did this and my foot was on the accelerator, the engine would not rev or anything, I would simply slip the shifter out of that gear and back in and it would be fine. It started to do it more and more and eventually, It would only go into either 1st or second. We took it to our usual mechanic who replaced the flywheel and the clutch. Got it back last Friday and by Saturday it had started to do it again. Initially it just seemed to be in 2nd gear, and as like before, I would just shift out and back in and it would be fine. It did it maybe twice that day. Then the next day, it did it in 2nd and 5th gear. Each time, if I shifted out and back in, it was fine. Each time, though my foot was on the gas and the shifter was in the position of the gear, the engine did not rev or anything. I am hoping to get some advice on what this might be. I feel like this car has turned into a money pit.