Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door adjar and Passenger door light won't turn off

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Default Door adjar and Passenger door light won't turn off

Okay this is a frustrating one since the elctrical system seems to be completly differnt from US cars. When I close all of the doors and I try to turn to alarm on the doors will lock but the horn won't sound. If I'm in the car and lock it and then try to start it will start just fine so I know the alarm isn't arming. If I start the car and all of the doors are closed the door adjar light will stay lit and the the light on the passanger door will stay on but the light on the drivers door won't turn on. In fact the driver side door light never comes on. I tried to replace the lamp and it's not the lamp. I also checked for voltage and there is no power to the lamp. All of the switches and the rest of the light on the drivers door work just fine. I tried to look for a switch that would tell the car when the door is open but, there isn't one in the normal location. Can anyone tell me where the switch is as this is the next place I think I need to look or does anyone have any ideas as to what I should be looking for.

thanks