Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch line leaks, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Default Clutch line leaks, please help!

A couple weeks ago, I went around a corner, went to shift, and couldn't shift into any gear. Came to a stop, and the pedal sunk to the floor and I had to pull it back up. A technician I talked to suggested it was probably the clutch master cylinder. I bought a supposedly OEM replacement made by FTE.

I got the new cylinder in, hooked up the lines, started to bleed it, and fluid starts running out of the thing whenever you press down the pedal. I took it back out, compared the old to the new, and nothing seems to be wrong with the master cylinder. I started looking at the black plastic clip that goes onto the end of the line, and it doesn't make sense to me. I cannot see what keeps the fluid from leaking between the plastic clip and the hydraulic line. I have the o-ring in the groove of the plastic clip which keeps the fluid from running around the outside of the clip.

Can anybody please help me? I took the master cylinder and the clip to every shop in town, and they didnt' have any ideas. My last option is to have the car towed 90 miles to the nearest dealer. I talked to the dealer on the phone, and they weren't much help.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Default RE: Clutch line leaks, please help!

Here are some pictures: http://www.krahmer.com/clutch_line.html
Still looking for answer...

thanks