Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clank/Thud/Squealish-Rubbing sound from front end-Any ideas?

Old 06-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Question Clank/Thud/Squealish-Rubbing sound from front end-Any ideas?

So...a clank sound can be heard when I press on the brakes. The clank sound does not occur every single time the brakes are used although I haven't noticed a specific pattern as to when they occur. The sound is almost like one solid clank as I press on the breaks to slow down before turning, parking, etc.

When driving, I've also noticed a thud-thud-thud sound as I press the breaks and begin slowing down, for example when driving through all the stop-n-go traffic. This also doesn't happen every single time I slow down, but I don't notice a specific pattern either. Just that these issues are reoccurring.

There is also a thud sound when I drive over speed bumps, usually I drive over speed bumps in a very slow manner. The thud sound is heard from the right front wheel area.

Also, I have heard a sort of squeal-like sound coming from the front right wheel area. Typically, I hear this sound when turning left into a tight-fitting parking slot at my apartment complex. It sounds like there's two pieces of the front end that are rubbing together to cause a sort-of high pitched squeal-like solid sound.

I'm not sure what is causing this to happen...Any ideas??