Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery...EEK!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Default Battery...EEK!

Ok so yesterday i leave my house. drive a BLOCK turn off the car to get a drink. BAM! it will NOT start anymore. Windows DO roll up. REALLY slowly, Sunroof really SLOW also. Etc. I thought it might have been the starter b/c i was AMAZED that my car started RIGHT up 5 mins ago.

So i got my friend to finally jump it. Started right up. drove to Auto Zone and they checked it and said it was DEAD. Went to VW which i might add in this TOWN SUCKS. Told me it would be 350$ for a new battery. I really laughed in this dudes face i might add.

So here's my question everyone is saying i need a new battery but in the manual it's talking about the acid level in the battery by the window on the actual battery. Well thats green. So im not really sure if i need a new battery and i do not want to go to VW tomorrow and get screwed out of a lot of money.

Also i have another question. My buddies got a 1.8T 02-03 GTI... Can we swap out batteries and if we can will it do any harm to the cars or mess with the computers and screw everything up?

Old 07-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Default RE: Battery...EEK!

$350 for a battery??? Never, ever, step foot in that place again. Ever.

OK, first,how old is the battery? If it isfour years old or older, go back to your friends at AutoZone and get a new one. If not, do a service. Top off each cell with distilled water, scrub the terminals, etc. Batteries can fail instantly.

And yes, you can put your friend's battery in your car. It won't hurt anything. They are all 12 volts.