Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

acceleration problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Default acceleration problem

when im accelerating in my 1999.5(2000) jetta, 2nd and 3rd gear are sometimes almost completely unresponsive after 3000 RPM so it will slowly accelerate up to 3000 rpms then just rev and not really go anywhere else. my friend said this is a problem in the clutch but he isnt an expert and hasnt been in the car when it happens. the car basically has a lot less acceleration than before, it used to put you in your seat a little bit now its like a granny car, anyone know why this is im bringing my car in tomorrow to get everything fixed like it was supposed to be when i bought it but the dealer messed me around quite a bit and now everything is falling apart.
i was also wondering if its a stupid idea to put rally tuned suspension on a jetta i might have asked this before but my dirt road needs some good suspension so im thinking about it but dont know costs does anyone know any prices or anything that could help me a lot thanks

also i have a major oil leak in my car so that could be some of the acceleration problem? along with a busted muffler/ tailpipe, bad brakes, all 4 struts are broken and there are a couple of funny noises while im driving... it whistles when i accelerate in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear if anyone knows some answers ide be perty damn happy thanks again

Old 04-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: acceleration problem

fix all that busted stuff first. H&R springs are really good, get a set for a few hundred. acceleration is either fuel or spark...is your MAF clean? def got a tranny rpoblem it sounds like, try to flush it out, otherwise if the gears aren't working it would be time to change the synchros...just my opinion...