Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'97 jetta vr6

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Exclamation '97 jetta vr6

Hello everyone, I am quite new to this forum but i come bearing a few questions to help me enjoy my new car.
The Jetta that I am purchasing has 2 big problems that i want to know how to take care of without too much expense.

The first of which is that the car goes through quite quickly this is due to an oil leak near the right bearing. Now when i took a look at the bearing it looked as though a bolt was missing that may sole the problem. now my question for this is that if i bought a new bolt could it possibly fix my problem?

The second problem I have is that the four windows in the cabin will not open. The previous owner of the vehicle tells me that each window went out separately on him, luckily the sunroof still works and winter is approaching here in MN. The question i have is if the windows just stopped working because of a blown fuse or is it a more serious and expensive fix?

Any help to my above questions will be greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to ponder my problems.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:20 PM

Is that bearing on the rear or front? does it look like a medium sized hole??
About your windows, start by checking the fuses... There might also be a relay for that. I will check in alldata about that window relay.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:17 PM

the bearing is the front right but we just got the car from the guy that is selling it and on our driveway, which is almost white as snow,there is no oil so i assume that has been taken care of.

Now back to the more important matter, the windows can't have a blown fuse because today i discovered that the rear passenger window works but the thing that controls and holds it is broken, I feel i can probably go to a junk yard and find one off a wrecked jetta of the same gen. but the other windows unlike the rear passenger have no signs of damage to the thing that controls the window. They just plain old don't work and i still need help figuring that out.

If you do find that there is a different fuse for each of the window sets somehow that would be great.