Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 Jetta

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Default 96 Jetta

I've had my Jetta for about a month, it's an automatic. On Friday (5 days ago) my streets had flooded but I had to drive to work I had gone through a puddle about 6inches or more deep. My car started stalling. I had figured out the problem with that. Let everything dry up. Then it ran fine after about 2-3 hours.
Now yesterday morning I started it and it wouldnt start. Ended up starting after about 5 minutes. This morning I started it, and it wouldnt start again. It finally did after about an hour or so, I drove it a couple miles down the road and it stalled 3 times. Everytime was when I had to stop at a light or something.
When I'm stopped at a light it feels like it wants to stall, but doesnt all the time. And it only happens when I slow down or come to a complete stop then try to go again.

I dont even know.
Could I have ruined something when I drove through the puddle? :'(

Old 02-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 96 Jetta

Rain is the Jetta's evil!! Water likes to go to places that weren't meant for it to go, especially into wiring harnesses and vacuum lines. Probably have some water into an intake or something, or water is in your engine. Sorry I don't know any of the fixes, I jsut know where the problem would be.