Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 VW Jetta High Beams

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 07:10 PM
Default 2014 VW Jetta High Beams

2014 VW Jetta SE 1.8L purchased about 6 months ago. Already have had the turbo go out as well as the air coolant fans..ughhh! Now I have noticed the high beams are not working..low beams work fine. I replaced the high beam bulbs, but still nothing. Any ideas on this? Fuses look fine..Not sure about the relay switches?? There are 2, but not sure which ones control what. Any help would be helpful.

The two green relays(644) are the ones Im referring to. Just not sure which one is attached to the high beams??

Old 08-09-2020, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Read your intro I've just replied to?

Old 08-09-2020, 10:56 AM

I did see it. Thanks so much.

Old 03-03-2021, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Keithuk
Read your intro I've just replied to?
Originally Posted by BW7652
I did see it. Thanks so much.

What are you all referring to? I cannot find the intro you're mentioning.

-------------

I believe I have the same issue.

For me
High beam flasher stopped working, then normal operation started delaying (high beams turned on a second after turning switch to on), finally total operation stopped.

If I remove both bulbs, I can measure normal voltage when turned on (~12V, I glanced)
If I put in 1 bulb and measure the other, the one bulb does not turn on and the measured voltage is low (2V maybe?)
If there are any bulbs installed on either side then the high beam indicator on the dashboard does not light up when switch is in the on position. If both bulbs are removed then the high beam indicator on the dashboard works.

Dealership wants to replace the computer (J519). Did you end up doing the same thing? Find a different solution?

I have a 2014 VW Jetta S

Old 03-15-2021, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tom Rokicki
What are you all referring to? I cannot find the intro you're mentioning.

-------------

I believe I have the same issue.

For me
High beam flasher stopped working, then normal operation started delaying (high beams turned on a second after turning switch to on), finally total operation stopped.

If I remove both bulbs, I can measure normal voltage when turned on (~12V, I glanced)
If I put in 1 bulb and measure the other, the one bulb does not turn on and the measured voltage is low (2V maybe?)
If there are any bulbs installed on either side then the high beam indicator on the dashboard does not light up when switch is in the on position. If both bulbs are removed then the high beam indicator on the dashboard works.

Dealership wants to replace the computer (J519). Did you end up doing the same thing? Find a different solution?

I have a 2014 VW Jetta S
Did you end up getting a fix for this? I think I have the exact same problem. 2014 Jetta S

Old 03-17-2021, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Vin Vin
Did you end up getting a fix for this? I think I have the exact same problem. 2014 Jetta S
I found nothing more as an alternative to having the dealership replace the BCM. I never got a response to this thread.

I have my $1,100 high beam fix appointment tomorrow (dealership to replace BCM J519). They "burn" the VIN into the BCM so unless you have something like VCDS (I don't) then you'll need to get the part and have it installed by the dealership. I wish I knew of a better (cheaper) way..