Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Jetta Rattling noise

Old 03-17-2015, 09:15 AM
Default 2012 Jetta Rattling noise

i have a couple questions that im not so sure about since im new to the jetta i bought. Recently i got it in December and did not have much issues with it till the deep freeze we had here in Canada where apparently i had condensation in my engine that froze and caused havoc with my oil pump and filter.

I have had that fixed but i had another issue i found out about today. I was changing my winter tires to my summer tires when i got the drivers wheel off the ground and i ended up spinning it forward i heard a rattling noise from some where roughly where the axel goes into my trany like a metal sleeve rattling loosely on a metal bar. So i rolled my wheel back and forth a few times and the wheel kept producing the sound with the wheel on the car. After i removed the wheel i could not hear it by grabbing the rotor and rolling it back and forth *axel is solidly bolted to the rotor* I put the wheel back on and resulted the same sound same place. Did the same on the other side and it resulted in the same sound in the same spot on the drivers side from turning the wheel back and forth.

I also noted that the axel hub that goes into the transmission on the passenger side was loose like my audi was when it had two bad bearings in the differential. Can grab the axel mount cup and move it up and down a good cm or so. Removing the wheels makes the rattling go away i have some reason to believe the weight of the wheel is helping to bring out the sound with more force to my turning the axel.

The weirdest part was when i put the car back on the ground and put down my e brake into the disengaged position the first time i started the car with out touching anything but the ignition my car surged forward then backwards while in park before it settled. I have noticed my car do this on a regular bases in the morning. I go out start the car and on the moment the engine turns the car will surge forward a inch or two before settling still.

Sorry if i put in to much to read but i wanted to put in my full accounts of the situation as clearly as possible.