Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1.8T question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Default 1.8T question

i just bought an 01' 1.8T which im loving, but this is the first turbo jetta i have owned so a few things are a little new/different for me. i noticed when i start up in the morning, warm up for a few and take off, it either jerks in first and second (primarily) or wants to take off like crazy. is this normal?! is it just warming up and doing its thing?! oh yeah, i should have mentioned the check engine light came on with a reading code of p-1296. could that be effecting the take off of the car?! just curious...any feedback would be great!

Old 04-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Default RE: 1.8T question

It jerks in 1st and 2nd like right after you started the car up? if its warming up what is the rpms at like 12-1300, also you boost until 3000 so the little jerk is when your turbo begins to spool, but it shouldnt jerk that hard, look that code up and find out what it is

Old 04-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Default RE: 1.8T question

i noticed the temp gauge doesnt ever move until 15-20 minutes into my drive. i cant remember off the top of my head what the correct wording is for p-1296 but i did call my shop and i believe it has to do with the air intake/sensor. the mechanic said it shouldnt hurt the car to drive with it so im saving the $$$ but in the meantime i just am not sure?!?!?!