Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Jetta....

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Default 06 Jetta....

Hi all,

I’ll be in the market for a new car in a few mo’s or so and am looking hard at the 06’ Jetta. I’ve never owned (or driven) a German or European car before and after taking that first test drive in a new 2.5 I was hooked!!…..the road feel was fantastic.
My only concern is reliability. All cars have issues and I’ve had pretty good luck with my Japanese and American cars but how much can I expect to have this thing in the shop? I can handle once and a while…..a time or 2 a year but every few mo’s is just a big hassle. I understand it’s a crap shoot with cars and some will have many problems and some with the same car have none but how has this car held up so far?? Do some regret buying theirs….. any help is appreciated….(save me from a Civic)!!!

Old 04-23-2006, 02:12 AM
Default RE: 06 Jetta....

VW's are pretty good cars. I have 2000 Jetta and I haven't had any issues. My mom has a 1987 Jetta that she bought brand new when I was little and it has never had a major issue. The engine has never been worked on or anything. Honestly the only thing that has been done are the usual brakes and oil changes and a few tune ups. She just replaced her clutch for the very first time since 1987. My brother also has a 1998 Jetta and we haven't had a problem out of that one either. I prefer Jetta's over Hondas. I had two Hondas previously and I believe me, I stayed at the shop. I think a Jetta would be a good move. Hope I was helpful.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Default RE: 06 Jetta....

have my 97 jetta 4years now. apart from maintinence ive only spent $70 on a balljoint. mates golf diesel got 260,000 miles on it and still going strong