Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 jetta gli dead to the world!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Default 03 jetta gli dead to the world!

Hi guys. I need some serious help. My 03 GLI would drive fine then die. Drive fine, then die. Like I drove around all day. Pulled up to get gas, went to start my car and nothing. No dash lights, no radio, no nothing. Then all of a sudden it would start. Now it has been dead for 4 days. We tried jumping it, and all that happened was we got lights/radio. Wouldn't start. Now the clock on the dash blinks and clicks..

I need my car!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Name:  VWwelcome.gif
Views: 42
Size:  951 Bytes

The first thing you need to do is get your car scanned for any error codes logged in the ecu, that will save alot of guessing if error codes are found.

https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/ne...gnature-34185/

Old 04-22-2013, 09:20 AM

So I should have it towed I am guessing? Sorry, I am a mother of a 5 month old who is in the middle of trying to move out of the house I share with my boyfriend. I need my car to do so!

Old 04-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Well thats not really convenient to have it towed to get it fixed is it. If there is no power to the electrics check all fuses and cable connections to the battery.

I know they suffer from faulty 109 relays but you shouldn't loose power to the instruments the 109 relay is the main power to the ecu so it will crank all day but it won't run. If you motor has a 109 relay its worth carrying a spare in the car just in case it does go faulty one day else you will be stuck at the side of the road again.

As you finding someone with VAG-COM\VCDS isn't going to be easy depending where you live. There is a Vag-Com Locator Map - but this map is never up to date. If you can find someone near you and contact them to help you out. AutoZone will do a free scan for you but you need to get it to one of their shops.