Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 jetta vr6?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 02:59 AM
Default 00 jetta vr6?

I have recently changed something thats called a coolant pipe that cracked, when i put it back together i am haveing a problem. now that when it heats up to medium it shuts off, then dosent start untill it cools down, im guessing its the thermostat? but i have read someting like this that its the water pump? could anyone help me?

-Anthony

Old 02-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 00 jetta vr6?

When the car heats up, the car shuts off?? Sounds like a sensor, a thermostat or water pump isn't gonna make your car shut off. Water pump runs on a belt, and thermostat just lets coolant through to cool the motor. Gotta explain more bro...

Old 02-09-2007, 03:02 AM

sorry, well i did replace the coolant sensor and have tryed numerus throuble shooting things, what it comes down to is that i start it and it will run for 15 - 20 min after it gets hot but doesnt over heat, it shuts off, and when i try to turn it over it wont turn over untill its cooled of for and hour or more, even some time not even. but it could be the thermostat, but the water pump isure hope not those are alot.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Only thing I can think of would be like MAP sensor, but not sure you have one. How hot does it get? Something electrical is making the car shut off, and I'm pretty sure it may not be anything to do with car heating up. I'll look into some things, contact a dealership and see if it's a known problem.