Power Loss in TDI...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Default Power Loss in TDI...HELP!

Hi All, I hope someone out there can help me. I have a 2000 Beetle TDI and it runs great... most of the time. Especially when it's cold, I'll be driving and the power goes out...feels exactly like a mass air flow sensor going bad (that happened yrs ago in my jetta tdi). If I turn the key off and on, the power comes back. It may stay back for 5seconds or 10min or even hours...it's unpredictable. I do notice that it happens faster if I floor it. I don't want to just throw money at a mass air as I don't think that's it...Any ideas??? Please help me...it's REALLY annoying to turn the key off and on every few sec/min. I can do the work...just don't know WHAT to do. Thanx. Q

Old 11-29-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by quinchem
Hi All, I hope someone out there can help me. I have a 2000 Beetle TDI and it runs great... most of the time. Especially when it's cold, I'll be driving and the power goes out...feels exactly like a mass air flow sensor going bad (that happened yrs ago in my jetta tdi). If I turn the key off and on, the power comes back. It may stay back for 5seconds or 10min or even hours...it's unpredictable. I do notice that it happens faster if I floor it. I don't want to just throw money at a mass air as I don't think that's it...Any ideas??? Please help me...it's REALLY annoying to turn the key off and on every few sec/min. I can do the work...just don't know WHAT to do. Thanx. Q
have you had the mass air flow sensor in the beetle checked?

Old 11-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Well I would suggest you join a really good TDI forum VW TDI forum and Audi TDI forum - myturbodiesel.com you'll find lot of tips to sort out your problem?