New to VW!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Default New to VW!!

Hello everyone,

I'm Bryan, live in Pasadena, MD, and I am currently looking for a barely used VW. I currently drive an SRT-4, and I love it, but its time for something different. I've had Chevy, Dodge, and now its time for the only IMPORT il go anywhere near, a volkswagen.

My questions are:

1. If i plan on turbo, which would be the best bang for the buck:

a. GTI
b. R32
c. Rabbit

2. How is the Aftermarket upgrades for these cars? do they respond well to upgrades?

3. How easy are they to work on?

4. Turbo kits for these cars that have been proven to do well and make good power??

I enjoy driving, so I want a manual, so that ALMOST rules out R32 from the get go, but I might find one I like and it might sway my decision.
Thanks for the information in advance guys!! I did some searching, and found a few answers to my other questions!!

Old 02-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Default RE: New to VW!!

DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH U WANT TO SPEND, A R32 IS ABOUT 30000 NEW BUT YOU CAN GET A 2004 FOR ABOUT 23000. MY CHOICE WOULD DEF B A R32. BUT THATS ME

Old 02-17-2008, 05:56 PM

the GTI is the only on thatll come with a stock turbo, R32 and rabbit are NA. chipping your car will give the most power for your money. and theres a few turbo upgrades available out there. a company in arizona used the GT30 turbo and gets in the mid 300's in terms of horsepower with stock injectors, since new injectors are still in development. golfmkv.com will also give u a lot of good info

Old 02-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

I've always liked VR6 motors...they already come stock with good enough HP to add a turbo or supercharger. Strong motor and easy to work on. There used to be a war between the 1.8t and the VR6, which was better, with all the upgrades, and they both produced well.