Headlight Wiring Harness Possibly burnt (MK6 GTI Xenon)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 05:15 PM
Default Headlight Wiring Harness Possibly burnt (MK6 GTI Xenon)

A little while ago, on of my main headlights (passenger side) went out (mk6 gti xenon projectors). I ordered 2 new bulbs to replace both of them. It was a bit tight to change the passenger side but I was able to. As for the driver side, the bulb was physically was not not able to fit through the gap so I took off the fuse box cover. Once I removed the bulb, I set the wiring harness down and went to go get the new bulb. However, I was very dumb and didn't disconnect the battery and the wiring harness sparked with the fuse box. I immediately pulled it away and disconnected the negative terminal. However, even though I replaced the bulb and secured the harness, the headlight does not work. I get a message inside saying check front left low beam and AFS failure. I tried checking the fuses and they all seemed good but it's possible I missed one. Could the wiring possibly have been burnt and I need to replace it now?

Old 02-22-2020, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

Did you use the standard bulbs or LED?

You need to find this current draw in which circuit by removing the fuses then reconnect the battery cable.