BOV

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 03:15 AM
Default RE: BOV

the newsouth performance color match indigo blue is not a bad product, although i think the plastic quality is subpar. but overall like the product, color match is good. That's all she wrote. but theres so many out there autometer is pretty good. just depends on what you want it to look like. i like the color matched dash with my gauge that's why i bought it.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:31 AM

This one got big quick, ok BOV vs DV, keep your DV. End of story. The DV is routed to shoot the air back torward the impeller (intake side) of the turbo, keeping it boosting between gears and reducing "turbo lag". BoV simply wastes this air, but sounds cool. To say that the BoV increases turbo life is technically true, because the turbo is not working as hard. With the DV the turbo is almost constantly boosting. With the BoV the boost drops off the second you change a gear or release throttle pressure. However, when running low boost pressures (under 20) the difference in turbo life is minimal. BoV sounds great, but has no use mechanically other than releasing pressure. Keep your stock DV unless you have other modifications that would warrant an upgrade.

Had a typo here regarding DV function, thanks for pointing it out Joelzy, was kinda hammered when I checked the forums last night

Old 12-13-2006, 11:42 AM

"The DV is routed to shoot the air back torward the turbine (exhaust side) of the turbo"

You sure about that Tech??
Im pretty sure it reroutes it back to the intake side. it would make more sense to do so, not to mention thats why you can hear a DV release if you change intake

Old 12-13-2006, 01:07 PM

vw sleeper thanks for the info on the new south gauge and pod. i'm gonna go with that one. did it come with any instructions? or am i gonna be having to figure it out on my own?

Old 12-14-2006, 12:58 AM

Yet another good call sleeper. Thats the gauge im getting. Yeah i love the DV and the sound. I should get my forge eliminator DV soon. All i have is an intake and a re-flash and my DV is loud as hell and were talking the stock DV. Well not much else to say you guys pretty much covered everything else. VeeDub in da Haus? Lol take it easy guys.

-Harris

Old 12-14-2006, 02:36 AM

they came with instructions but was very vague. you kinda of have to figure it out yourself. what i did is put the t-buzz connector right next to the fuel regulator. then snaked it through the firewall under the dash and came right under the plastic panel right under the sterring wheel, then followed right next to the steering column. under the hood of your car there is a bundle of wires that run from under the dash into the engine bay. its surrounded by tightly sealed rubber. the rubber can be moved. if you take a pen and pull the insides out you have a perfect snaking tool. the hardest part is getting the pen inside the rubber part. i used a pair of needle nose piler to pull the rubber away just enough to fit the pen in and push so that it goes to the other side. then put the nylon tubing through the empty pen shell and like 1,2,3 there it will be. on the other side underneath the dash, then the rest is up to you and how you want to set up the column pod.

the wiring to the light dimmer is easy. just pop it out with a small screwdriver, snip the wires relative close to the harness(so you keep the stock wiring harness) use some wire connectors and POOF there you go. JUST REMEMBER BLUE/GREY POWER AND BROWN GROUND. there you go the best i can do with words without pictures. of course there is some middle parts, but if i told you everything how will you learn about your car yourself. don't worry its not hard at all. just a little time consuming. only because i didn't know how to take apart and what to take apart my car. dive in head first, and get your hands dirty don't worry all broken OEM parts can be bought again, that how i think about it. but take care! plastic will break

Old 12-14-2006, 10:07 AM

haha thanks a lot sleeper. i'm going to school for automotive so with what you told me i should be able to figure something out. thats good thinking on the oem parts are replaceable. i'm going to be ordering the gauge and pod after christmas. i'll let you know how it goes and what plastic parts break. thanks again.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:55 PM

im driving a 1.8t gti, 2001 model. i decided to go with the bov as the motor has over 100k now, and i dont want to risk losing the turbo. My setup is currently: BOV, with DV still in place in the intake as it has a negative vaccuum, which means no air gets into the intake via that route. it works well, and i have both if i ever need them, with the ability to change it over with a flathead screwdriver in approx. 3 mins.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:41 AM

i had a 2004 jetta 1.8t with a Carbonio Cold Air intake System,ABD Racing 1.8T Front Mount Intercooler, SamcoSport DV, revo software with no codes...