BOV

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 01:50 AM
Default BOV

ok so heres the deal. i've been trying to get some decent advice from forums and so far everyone just doesn't seem to care. hopefully you guys are different. i would like to know if it is possible for me to put on a BOV with out throwing any type of code. some people say a diverter valve is the way to go but the car has one stock. so i'm kinda at a lost. i want the psh sound but more importantly i want it so the turbo lasts longer and the boost gets let into the atmosphere. so if anyone can give me any good idea's that would be great. what's a good brand to go with? a lot of people say a super sequential is the only way to go? thanks
JAy

its an 05 1.8t bone stock for now. if that matters.
i'm new to the turbo scene and want to learn.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:47 AM
Default RE: BOV

there are some conversion kits that are made for our car to have a blow off valve. I think that techtonics, performance-cafe, fixxtuning, greddy, eip, abd, etc they all have the conversion kits for the blow off valve or just the blow off valve itself, look and shop around. by the way i have the forge 007p dv and the throttle response is great. since you want that sound go for it. Just look at some websites that have that. you can also use the search to find threads with that information and links that will lead you to what you want. that's what i've done so far and its work great. just take time to read.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:02 AM

since i want the sound go with the 007 dv? i'll have to look around now. thanks for taking the time to respond. definitely an answer i was looking for.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:25 AM

Unless youre doing some major upgrades i'd go with a DV, and if you really want the sound, change your intake, i have the stock DV on my car with a K&N panel and 3 inch intake piping to pull from the bumper and my DV is loud, i imagine with a cone filter set up it would be even louder because its re-releasing that air back in at the turbo inlet pipe, just a little way up from the MAF sensor.
i have heard nothing good come of BOVs and this stock setup, check out vwvortex.com and look at their forums, they have some great info on anything about these cars.
good luck
-j

Old 12-12-2006, 12:08 PM

i heard with the bov you retain the life expantacy (spelling sucks) of the turbo. but logically i think i would definitely be better for our car. i have a forge dv and the response on the throttle etc. is great

Old 12-12-2006, 01:19 PM

retain the life expectancy? i dont know about that, i would think the other way around if anything,
JUST MY THEORY CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG
but the reason it throws codes is because the computer is expecting that extra air to come back into the system via the DV so it accounts for the extra with more fuel to keep the air/fuel ratio right, but when you change that and start releasing to the atmosphere via a BOV you lose that extra air returning to the system, but the comp still knows how much is being released, and thinks its going to be released into the intake when it really isnt. so its still compensating for the extra air with more fuel causing it to run rich and therefore throwing codes.
just my thought, anyone know better?

Old 12-12-2006, 02:08 PM

makes pretty good sense. just learning like you are. but i've heard that from more than one person that with the BOV it makes the life of the turbo last long. But who knows whats right until we talk to an actual professional. Just learning like you are. SOOOO not a certified vw technician

Old 12-12-2006, 03:27 PM

i smell what youre steppin in, im right there with ya

Old 12-12-2006, 10:40 PM

i think i would definitely pefer the dv over the bov. that sound would get on my nerves. i just heard a srt with the bov and boy was it loud. i would bug me. but i think that the dv would give more to our engine than the bov

Old 12-13-2006, 01:33 AM

thanks for all the posts. i'm gonna go the diverter valve route and see how that goes. what type of boost gauge do you guys recommend?

Quick Reply: BOV