Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel injector

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Default fuel injector

i have a 87 VW Golf GL 1.8L one of my fuel injectors popped out so i went to replace them all but i cant get the rest of them out, they still have the original seals on them but i dont have a injector rail some ppl are telling me that i have to have one with this year of car but i dont , does anyone know how to get the injectors out ?

Old 10-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Default RE: fuel injector

Most fuel injectors are pressed into the intake manifold with some force, VW's are normally screwed in but check shop manual first and make sure you bleed off all fuel pressure prior to working on these. WHY are you going to change them anyway? They go bad, they go BAD! Normally plugged with some debris or won't open when proper signal sent. A certified VW dealer can check these for proper opening when proper Voltage is supplied and they can check spray pattern. I would (if you pull Them) to take to a shop for checking before buying new. NO need to spend the $$$, new ones will not work any better! Buy a shop manual for your car.worth the $$$ for proper torque specs and proper installations and dismantle procedures!

Old 10-14-2005, 01:34 AM
Default RE: fuel injector

i have a shop manual and all if says about removing the injectors is to remove them , it give no details on how to. also im not replacing the injectors , im putting new seals on cause when i was working on it one popped out , so if one set of seals went bad on one injector then the other might also be in the same shape so i might as well go ahead and replace the seals on all of them the only problem is that i cant get the other 3 injectors out. ive read anything i could find online and called any mechanic i can find and no one seems to know how to get them out or everyone tells me i dont know what im doing cause all of there books say this car should have a injector rail. all i want to do is pull the other injectors and replace the seals