Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electronic Help Please :/

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 05:40 PM
Unhappy Electronic Help Please :/

Ok so i bought a cheap project 2004 Golf, and it was flooded BUT wait, its not as bad as you think, i cleaned it all up and got the water out of the engine and everything.

So, then i get it where i can turn on the key and it will start cranking over, with spark, and gauges and the fuel pump works, so pretty much everything worked, besides the injectors, so that means the ECU wasn't communicating, and i looked at all the ECU fuses, and none of them had power (not the fuse itself but the actual pins) BUT however, for some reason i jumped the ECU relay in the engine bay, (thinking that was the problem) and then nothing happened, but everything was working fine, but then all of the sudden like 5 min later nothing worked, all of the relays on the car click and all of the fuses are working, but there is no cluster or throttle body noise or fuel pump or anything, the only thing that i can do is push in the clutch and turn the starter over. I have no idea what could have happened because everything was working fine, and i charged the battery and all that, now im confused on what happened. I dont think jumping the ECU relay did anything at all since it was only for a quick 4 seconds and then i took the wire out.
Anyways, im really wanting to figure out what happened, anyone know something?!

Old 06-03-2020, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

You need to check the starter system and battery.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.