Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 volkswagen Golf help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Default 91 volkswagen Golf help

So here is the story part:

My brother was driving the car to work when it stalled out, so he just compression started the car then it stalled out again, so he tried to compression start it, but the engine just turned when the transmission was engaged, it didn't even try to start.

SO the basics about the car:
Rebuilt 1.8L gas
It does have a leaky fuel injector which causes it to run rough sometimes.

This is what I have done so far:
  1. unplugged fuel injector bar to try and clean out all the fuel. The car acted the same way when the injectors weren't receiving any signals.
  2. So I checked the distributor. The middle carbon head that is suppose to be springy was bad (if you pushed the pin in it wouldn't pop out).
  3. Next I checked the spark plugs. Two of them were bent at the top where it connects to the wires.
  4. I checked the main coil wire by seeing if it arched to the engine block
  5. I unplugged the fuel injector bar and grounded the coil wire to the block then attempted to clean the excess fuel out.
  6. I bought new sparkplugs, distributor cap and rotor and hooked everything back up.
So this is the weird part when I tried to turn the car on it turned over slowly and now when I try to turn it on it just clicks. for the most part. Maybe the starter went bad?

Any suggestions?