Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Golf TDI availability

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 01:24 AM
Default 2010 Golf TDI availability

Here's my situation:

I want to buy a 2010 VW Golf TDI. In the middle of 2009, when I heard the announcement that a TDI model would be available for the 2010 Golf, I went to my local VW dealer and let them know that I wanted to purchase one such that I would be first in line when I could put in an order for a new car. About 2 months ago, when the new model year Golfs became available, I received a call from the dealer to come in and place my order. I immediately went to the dealership, put down a deposit, and ordered a 2010 VW Golf TDI with the exact color and options that I wanted. A few weeks ago, the dealership called me and said that there are no more available 2010 Golf TDIs available to be made for custom orders like mine. Then they refunded my initial deposit. What gives? Is this true? Has anyone else had this same problem? Even if I said that I would pay a million dollars for the car, they would just say that VW corporate wouldn't built the car to be released to the dealership.

This is very frustrating. Am I going to have to wait until the 2011 or 2012 models come out to get a Golf TDI? What happens if the exact same thing happens next year? Are Golf TDIs really in such limited supply that the entire year of production is already spoken for? Please help. Are there any dealers out there that can comment?

Thanks.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:27 AM

I got a response back from VW corporate (vw.com) when I asked the same question and here it is. Comments?
----------------------
Subject: RE: CONTACT US 12/16 ib
To: Ogwa1 <ogwa1@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 17, 2009 9:51 am

Oliver,

Thank you for your interest in our new Clean Diesel Golf TDI. With over 800,000 VW diesel vehicles sold in America, VW has quite a legacy with these fuel efficient vehicles. Demand for our new Golf TDI clean burning diesel has been very strong. So much so that we are currently unable to accept orders for the car.

We apologize that we will not be able to meet your request in ordering a Golf TDI, but hope that you will continue to work with your local VW dealers to obtain one. Availability and allocations can vary from dealer to dealer therefore, we encourage you to speak with more than one.

Thanks you again for stopping by, Oliver. We hope that you are able to obtain your model of interest.

Ieshia
Volktalk

Old 12-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Unhappy What do you have to do...

... to get a Golf TDI!

Oliver,

I feel your pain. I now have two friends who have failed in their pursuit of a new generation Clean Diesel Golf TDI. I understand that availability might be a problem, but then why take a deposit on a car the company cannot deliver? Following that, if the dealership can't deliver, why not put you in touch with one that does. They must have an inventory of vehicles that they are delivering, and likely one was built with similar specifications to what you desired on your car. It seems like the company has given up on getting your business. I would turn to a clean diesel Audi or BMW and move on your way.

Good luck.