window regulator assembly

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Default window regulator assembly

I have a 2001 Cabie the drivers side window regulator assembly is toast. Can anyone tell me where I can find a regulator assembly at a reasonable price. I called the dealer and I felt raped. Gees! Also are there any tricks or tips that I should know about removing and installing the regulator? I appreciate your replys and comments.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Default RE: window regulator assembly

I've seen reasonably priced regulator assemblies w/o motor on ebay for under $50. It seems like when you throw in the motor it gets really expensive.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:32 AM

I have a 1996 Cab and the driver side regulator went a few months ago.

I don't ever call a dealer, because their prices are SO high... and I've been searching around for one and can't find one under 300 dollars!
I can't understand why the passenger side is only like 50 something... and the driver side is over 300.

And, this is WITHOUT the motor.

I have YET to find anything on ebay.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:56 AM

I replaced the driver's side since the cable was busted and I got a brand new assembly from an online vendor but can't remember the address...I paid around 150 for it. Now, the passenger side went out...so I thought...when I tooke it apart everything was fine, I used a rubber malot and banged the motor gear assy and it started working again.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:29 PM

I just bought a 1996 VW Cabrio and the passenger side door window doesnt work(Motor works fine I can hear and something inside moves but the window stays still).I opened the doorpanel and try to takethis thing out- the regulator and the window but it seems to be very tricky .I ve done this on many other cars before (Civic, Accord ,Camrys -no problem at all) but this - I have no idea how to take it out.Do you guys have any idea in what order I should remove I mean window first or regulator or what ?Have any of you done this before and is there any secret? Thanks!

Old 05-08-2007, 01:08 AM

When I also tried to purchase some VW Corrado parts to my dealer it made me think twice and made me realize that they could be robbing me for the high price they are asking me for it... So, I decline and just ask my mechanic where to purchase a good quality for a really reasonbale price and I got one with half the price my dealer is asking me.. With regards to tips installing the window motor, you should take care not to drop the glass inside the door. Scribe a line around the rear roller guide bolt to show the original adjustment. When installing the regulator, align the hole of the roller guide toward the rear. If it is necessary to remove the power window motor from the regulator, scribe a line across the sector gear and regulator before you remove the power window motor and roll the glass up and down to see if it moves freely without binding. Also make sure that there is no clearance between the glass and glass run channel when the glass is closed. Adjust the position of the glass as necessary. Hope this helps.. Goodluck!!!

Old 05-08-2007, 07:02 AM

i think csthewshas discribed it like how i would