Oil Pressure Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Default RE: Oil Pressure Switch?

There is another Vdub forum I frequent and one of the members there has for a favorite answer, look it up in you Bentley. Sort of bugs me. I am trying to get over it. But if I had a Bentley manual I probably would not need a tech forum. It is not just the fact he says it, it is the way he says it that bugs me.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:52 AM

bentley wouldnt tell youcrap on what sensor went where

Old 11-10-2008, 11:02 AM

This is a c and p of my latest exchange with the gentleman from Santa Cruz. Now remember, I have never been anything but polite to everyone on this forum. It is going to be a long one I am afraid.

[hr]
Oran's greatest hits!
Starter relay Swap to manual trannyUnderstanding your cabby requires the patience of a saint and is never achieved by many who, however, go on to forge lasting but shallow relationships with Mk4's (the Barbie model of VW's).
markAdeck

256 posts

Charlotte NC
1986 Volkswagen Cabriolet

Re: FV-QR (Moljinar)»« » 10:46 AM 11-9-2008
I did a search for it using this as a keyword, thermotimeswitch location, to no avail. Will someone please tell me where it is?
tolusina

6362 posts

Santa Cruz CA
'92 VW Cabriolet, '74 Gitane Pista

FV-QR»« » 11:18 AM 11-9-2008
The thermo-time switch is shown in Bentley, page 5-23, lower left corner of Fig. 5-6.
Page 5-24 shows the cold start valve test procedure, illustrated in Fig. 5-7. Thermo-time switch circuit test is also on 5-24, shown in Fig. 5-8. Fig. 5-9 is a time vs temperature graph of the thermo-time switch.
The electrical schematic of the cold start system is on page 2 of 5 of the Main Wiring Diagram - Cabriolet 1985, 1986, current tracks 25, 26 and 27.

[hr]

-
neoBentley+
(last updated, 05 August, 2008)
markAdeck

256 posts

Charlotte NC
1986 Volkswagen Cabriolet

Re: FV-QR (tolusina)»« » 12:47 PM 11-9-2008
Quote, originally posted by tolusina »The thermo-time switch is shown in Bentley, page 5-23, lower left corner of Fig. 5-6.
Page 5-24 shows the cold start valve test procedure, illustrated in Fig. 5-7. Thermo-time switch circuit test is also on 5-24, shown in Fig. 5-8. Fig. 5-9 is a time vs temperature graph of the thermo-time switch.
The electrical schematic of the cold start system is on page 2 of 5 of the Main Wiring Diagram - Cabriolet 1985, 1986, current tracks 25, 26 and 27.

Are you a Bentley salesman? If we all had Bentley's there would really be no need for this tech forum. Everyone could just post photos of their perfect cars and their perfect wheels and blah blah blah. Thank you.

Modified by markAdeck at 12:49 PM 11-9-2008
tolusina

6362 posts

Santa Cruz CA
'92 VW Cabriolet, '74 Gitane Pista

Re: FV-QR (markAdeck)»« » 1:07 PM 11-9-2008
Quote, originally posted by markAdeck »Are you a Bentley salesman? Thank you.
Quote, originally posted by markAdeck »Are you a Bentley salesman? If we all had Bentley's there would really be no need for this tech forum. Everyone could just post photos of their perfect cars and their perfect wheels and blah blah blah. Thank you.
Modified by markAdeck at 12:49 PM 11-9-2008Mark,After gasoline, before it was even registered, the very next thing I bought for my Cabby was it's Bentley.
I knew, with an old car, it was going to need a lot of work. I was already very familiar with A1 VWs and a lot of other cars, still, I knew, there were a lot of specifics that I would need to know while repairing that old car that I would find in Bentley.

It is totally unclear to me how anyone can even remotely imagine that they'll successfully stumble and bumble their way through auto repair without manual(s) specific to the car(s) being worked on.
-
I'm finding it fairly tiresome to see your continuous posts that clearly show you are trying to stumble along and just naturally expect the members of this forum, most who own their own Bentley, to continue to come to your aid while you refuse to purchase your own copy of Bentley.

IF you had your own copy, you'd learn quite a bit from it, those areas Bentley does not make totally clear (there are quite a few) are much more easily discussed by referencing the appropriate sections of Bentley.

If you'd have bothered to read my post above, you could have even used that info to search your freeloaded eCopy of Bentley.

I know, you're on a limited budget, yet within that budget you were able to purchase how many control pressure regulators before you finally figured out that guessing and throwing parts at a problem is no way to economically diagnose?

Ron

p.s. Once more, here's a link to Bentley Publisher's information page about the manual specific to our cars.
http://www.bentleypublishers.c...=vs93
On that page, you'll find ISBN information to aid on-line searches at eBay, Amazon and the like, copies often come up used, the ISBN info can also be used to order from any local Bookseller, chain or local, of your choice. You can also order direct from Bentley Publishers, there's even a genuine VW part number, it can be ordered from a VW or Audi dealer.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 AM

thats to funny isnt that what forums are for
have you been to the new air towater site below yet