Now- a tranny problem....

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Default Now- a tranny problem....

One problem after another....

Okay- so when I was in second gear I noticed (one or two times) that the car would rev up once or twice- then finally switch.

I was driving to work(car just out of garage for other problem and everything seeming to be fine) for about 65 miles on the interstate and got off on a local route. All of a sudden I had no gears except first. I pulled over- and for about 10 minutes I was only in first. Then- everything was fine. My car sat for approx 11 hours and I began to drive home and everything was fine- 42 miles into my drive on the interstate (probably doing about 75-80) and it just started reving... rpms were higher than should have been- took it easy for the remainder of the drive, when i felt it pulling a bit, i let off the gas a little and it worked itself out. I got off the interstate and coasted down hill to a gas station to get gas- by the time i started up again I could not get past first gear.
My car sat for 2 hours... took her for a spin around the block and everything shifted properly.

What gives?

The tranny was replaced almost 4 years ago.

Is it shot? Is it low on fluid? What would cause it to not shift properly after running for a while- but after cool-down, running just fine.... ?

Old 09-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Default RE: Now- a tranny problem....

Hmmmmm kinda funny. just posted the same thing a minute ago u might want to have a diagost. on the throttle body. i don't want to say its the tranny but could be. i have been havin probs. accelating and a gear slippage as well new throttle body on way i'll post results when i get it on.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Default RE: Now- a tranny problem....

You may have figured your problem out already, but I'll leave this message for anyone else, just in case. Mine was doing what yours was... having problems after it ran a while... The transmission got warmed up, then I noticed problems, but if it was cold, just started, it ran just fine... The problem ended up being a simple Speed Sensor. Not sure if it's your problem, but it sounds exactly the same. After getting that changed, everything has been fine. Good Luck.