engine light

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Default engine light

I have a 2001 cabrio. I have had it in the shop several times which is no small task since there are only 2 dealerships in Oklahoma and both are around 100 miles away. The cars engine light comes on and when i take it in to the dealership they tell me i need new distributor plugs and wires.They tell meit is fixed.I go pick it up don't even get out of the lot and the engine light comes on. I spent several hundred dollars already and cant even get out of the dealership lot. So i have already wasted a day going to pick it up I end up leaving without it and when i call to check on it they tell me well it could be the computer but we think now its the mass airflow sensor. I tell them to replace the mass airflow sensor which was about $500.00 bucks for the part. I went and picked it up and drove it home and the car has not ran right since. it feels real doggy when the air conditoner is on it wants to bogg down. When the air conditioner is off it runs ok. I took it back to them and all they could tell me is the computer is not giving us any codes. Are there no real mechanics at VW dealerships. I have decided to trade it off but today guess what the engine light has come on again can't sell it or trade it with that light on and don't want to keep getting ripped off at VW dealerships. Anyone else having engine light problems?

Old 09-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Default RE: engine light

I'm from detroit and if u bring ur car in the shop and they don't fix it right with a check out drive u go back and crack that ******* head on the counter top and till him to quit charging u for a "no" fix. they should at least after the fix drive it for 10 miles rather then just reset the cpu and move it 20 feet and say there u go it's fixed and before u get out the lot it's back on again. had the same prob. was about 4 blocks away and light came on i turned around and went back. Caused a big scene in the dealership claiming a "FAKE ***" fixin and me getting charged out the ***. I love VW and won't buy anything else but if i'm gonna shell out 700 bones at least once that shiot better get fixed. Hope all goes well. think about investing in a code err. reader if ur gonna keep in the long run it will pay for itself and u can charge ur fellow vw drivers hee hee