1999 vw cabrio top issue not doing anything

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 09:37 PM
Default 1999 vw cabrio top issue not doing anything

Hey everyone I just replaced a broken hose today everything is tight and does not leak, but when I tried to bleed the system with actual power, you dont hear anything, now before this like a year or so ago it worked, I've been using it the manual way by turning the T screw so it was done right constantly, I put a multimeter into the power plug and got nothing when I hit the switch inside. Parking brake on key in position 1, windows down, etc and nothing now I heard about the fuses 16 and 22 and those are not blown, i think the relay under the seat may be bad, but I'm not sure where else to look before buying more parts. Thank you!

Old 06-18-2020, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

There are loads of problems with Cabriolet tops not working.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:10 AM

Thank you for your response, I wasnt sure just wanted to get under the right thread for the vehicle, so how do they scan the motor? It's not like checking Engine codes is it? I am sure that it shouldn't have any error codes because it worked before hand and I had it unplugged, so I was just hoping to get a simple hey test this or test that replace this or replace that haha but nothing is ever simple

Old 06-29-2020, 06:46 PM

So I was trying to scan my vehicle I found a friend who with an Audi has ODBeleven, I hooked it up, but idk if it is that capable because I dont see anything for a soft top but alot of other things. If I go to a Volkswagen dealer how straight forward is it for them to test, say if the motors bad, or if relays are bad? I have a multimeter, but I have no idea how to test relays. I found wiring diagrams but they mean nothing if you dont understand them, it is very difficult.

Old 12-30-2020, 01:50 PM

windows down, etc and nothing now I heard about the fuses 16 and 22 and those are not blown, i think the relay under the seat may be bad, but I'm not sure where else to look before buying more parts. Thank you!Nox Vidmate VLC

Last edited by paityda; 12-30-2020 at 10:42 PM.