She's alive!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Default She's alive!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP. I could not have gotten her running with out you.

Here are some pics of my Project. I picked up this rail about 2 weeks ago, got ONE HECK OF A DEAL, traded 2 Gas Radio Controlled Boats for it, stright up. Has a 1973 VW Beetle Engine and Transaxel, "AH" engine code. The guy said it needs a new tranny, and had one to go in it, all I needed to do was swap them out. I made sure she turned over, Signed the title and loaded her up. Here is where it had been sitting for 6 months prior to me getting it:
Name:  OrigionalBuggy.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  109.3 KB

Got the new tranny and realized it was BOGAS, no spring on the clutch lever, and the bushings for the Clutch lever were all JACKED UP, looked like they had been BEAT ON. Loard knows what else was wrong with it. Lucky for me I found a tranny at the local Junk yard, needed a new nose cone and hockey stick, they torched the tranny out and ut them off in the process, I got it rather cheap @ $75.00. I robbed the nose cone and hockey stick form the BOGAS tranny, here is the engine OUT ready for the new Tranny, kind of dark sorry:
Name:  BuggyPIcs011.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  58.2 KB

After the tranny swap, she ran like CRAP, BUT shifted through teh gears Excellent, I figured out with the help of you all that a carb cleaning, Intake Gasket and Boot replacement was in order, Knocked that out earlier this week and put her all back together last night, had to reroute some fuel lines, swap out the boots and gaskets, do a little tweaking on the needle settings, and PRESTO, purrrrs like a kitten. IT is Such a good feeling to DRAG it out of the garage to work on her and then DRIVE her back in. One last pic of the Rail in my shop/garage:
Name:  BuggyPIcs005.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  156.4 KB

All that is left to do is some minor welding the frame where some of the down tubes have seperated, install a new Master Cylinder, and she is READY TO DANCE! My goal is to have her up and fully running by the weekend of the 21st, there is a HUGE offraod park here that is open twice a month, the 21st is the next time we are all going, would love to take her along.
after that I will began the beautification process, New paint job, Crome motor prats Ect. Make her look as good as she runs. I keep ya posted on her progress.

THANKS AGAIN

Reagrds

JNT